Gain professional, drama school training this summer at Birmingham Conservatoire's Acting Summer School for Adults.
Part Human: Part Story is an intensive week-long devising workshop in which participants will create an original performance from scratch. Taking as its starting point the reservoir of tales and fables we all carry within us, the workshop will explore rehearsal techniques for identifying the myths we live by and releasing their creative potential in performance. Drawing upon physical theatre, storytelling and improvisational traditions from around the world this course may be of particular interest to those seeking to augment their current practice or gain insight into the more spontaneous realms of drama training.
The course will run Monday to Friday over the week and course fees also includes a visit to a professional theatre to watch a production.
Acting alumni have gone on to work in all areas of the profession; including west end theatre, TV and film.
- Helen George (Call the Midwife)
- Catherine Tyldsley / Rob Mallard (Corronation Street)
- Luke Mabley (28 days later)
- Iris Roberts (Charlie and the Chocolate Factory)
- Sharon Sigh (as Roxanne in Cyrano - with Northern Boradsides)
- Sarah Middleton (The Hipocrite - RSC)
- Ian Weichardt (The Miser - The Garrick Theatre)
- Andre Costin (The Kite Runner - The Wyndhams)
This course is open to anyone regardless of your previous experience.
Prospective students from the UK
- Take a look at our Frequently Asked Questions for answers to a range of questions about our courses and studying here.
- If you need further help, you can contact the Course Enquiries Team by emailing ShortCourses@bsa.bcu.ac.uk
- Alternatively, call us on +44 (0)121 331 5595.
Prospective students from outside the UK
- Please use the International Enquiry Form.
- Alternatively, call us +44 (0)121 331 5389.