Centre for Regional Economic & Fiscal Development and Investment
CREDIT seeks to act as a principal point of reference for regional policy makers and business stakeholders, placing the regional devolution programme and regional economy in a global context.
Our objectives are to:
- Develop a model for regional fiscal autonomy, relevant to current structures and perceivable future progress
- Analyse regional labour market trends and related policy issues
- Enlist and incorporate interested regional bodies in the work of CREDIT
- Analyse regional economic development trajectories and productivity growth
- Understand the impact of Brexit on development
- Identify new trends in manufacturing and the region
In the process of achieving the above, the Centre will bid for funded research projects and also undertake applied research to produce policy reports, working collaboratively with other key stakeholders in the region.