Why choose Higher Education?
Higher Education can give you many transferrable skills and can open up many new opportunities. It can help your son or daughter in several ways:
Developing skills and subject knowledge
- Employers look at your skills as well as your qualifications - Employers are not just looking at the qualifications you gain, but also the other skills like willingness to learn, time management, social skills, independence, self-motivation and communication skills - all skills that you develop when you’re studying for a degree.
- We have over 300 courses at Birmingham City University - A higher education qualification is necessary for some careers. A degree programme can help students develop their subject knowledge if they have a specific career in mind, give them a greater career choice, greater job flexibility and the opportunity for higher earning potential.
Enhancing career prospects
- Graduates are less likely to be unemployed than non-graduates
- Graduates earn more over their lifetime than non-graduates.
- Gives them more of a chance of promotion
Experiencing university life
- Independent learning
- Meeting new people from all over the world
- New challenges
- Balancing study and social life
- Growing confidence